2/2/11

This is me doing my homework

I am enrolled in a "Developing Story" class where I learn to write screenplays and all that lovely stuff. Our first assignment is to come up with a story premise based on a word we pick from an environment and I somehow ended up picking "Sleep." The environment was a Red Cross Shelter in Louisiana after Hurricane Katrina. How I ended up thinking of sleep, I'm not entirely sure. Anyway, it turns out putting my ideas into a story premise is harder than it should be. Here is a taste of how my attempts have been going:


When a search and rescue crew finds a sleeping child on the banks of a Louisiana marsh, unreal things begin to happen. With every step they take to extract the girl from the hurricane scared earth...grass and bunnies sprout from under their feet and sunshine rays spout from their eyeballs.


Needless to say, it could use some work.

And last but not least...I can't make a post without a picture so here you go. The Universe or a galaxy or a dragon....or all three! Take from it what you will.

No comments: