2/5/10

Ok, I guess I'm better off than I thought

At the time of my last blog entry, I thought things were pretty tough; no reliable computer to work on, no job, money doing disappearing tricks.
Turns out, none of that is really too bad! Ok, disappearing money and no steady income is a little scaaaaaary, sure, but it is no tragedy. I have been blessed with two freelance projects that will hopefully work out and get me through another couple months.

So yeah, things are pretty darn nice. Not having a computer of my own has actually been a bit freeing! I haven't painted with real water and paint in forever. To be honest, I have never enjoyed traditional painting...mostly because I was always really bad at it...but something has changed. Without a computer I was finally able to sit down with paints and just play. I finally understand my illustration professor's advice and passion for the darn stuff. FINALLY! Yeah, I'm pretty excited about it. I feel kinda lame for never trying while I was in his class. Oh well!

But yeah...I'm an acrylics noob so my work is pretty basic, but I like it. I think I want to illustrate a children's book about snow...maybe the next Christmas Classic! WOoHOo!

2 comments:

trenchmaker said...

I like it. The colors are neat and pretty fitting together. I think with a bit more practice more works with acrylics are no problem for you. :)

Holly said...

Thank you so much! That really means alot to me...I hope you're right! :3