2/8/10

Big Love

Phew! Sometimes I bite off more than I think I can chew, but luckily I have a strong pair of chompers. Over the weekend I found myself rushing to finish a huge project I agreed to months ago for a church's winter youth camp taking place in less than a week. After weeks of email tag and frustrating space "situations", I found myself at the end of the deadline and pressed for time. While there are a few things I would change about the first painting, I like how they both turned out overall. I've never taken on a project quite this big and am really proud of myself for getting it done in time like I promised. Each painting is done in acrylic on 6.5'x11' pieces of black fabric. Each one is taller than I am!

2 comments:

Fred Studart said...

Wowwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!
Totally amazing! Epic paintings. They are huge!!!! But they are also awesome! The colors of the first one are great, and the other one looks so cool and gangstah! lol
I'm really impressed.

By the way, I have to comment. Your progress is really fantastic to see.
Keep posting!!! =D

Holly said...

Aww, thank you so much! I'm really excited about how they turned out.

I really enjoy seeing the progress on your blog as well, you have some wonderful works!

Again, thank you! :)